Your Love.....poem (today).

Here's a poem I wrote about 5 minutes ago:
(I love this time of night when all is quiet and it's just me and God).


Poem:

Father God,
heal my heart and save me!
Reach out and embrace me.
I want your love to chase me.
Capture me in your arms.
Romance my heart.

Draw me away.
I long for it to be only you and me.
Pull me away from each busy day--
the distractions I have to keep my mind off the pain
of feeling a little lost, scared, and unsure of what's to come.

All I seek is foolish gain,
when it compares to you.
Whom do I have in heaven but you?
If you are for me,
why do I fear mere mortal man?

I can't get enough of your presence.
I can't get over that you love me.
It's shocking to me that I can't live without you.
I die a little each day, when I stay away from you.

But when I draw near to you,
you draw near to me.
You refresh my heart more and more each day.
My love for you grows.

Your love for me is as big and bold as a sunset,
as mighty as an ocean,
as delightful as a sunflower,
and still as intimate as a rose.

God, your love is rich and deep.
Your face, oh Lord, shall I seek.
I come to your refreshing streams of living water.
I long to drink of your love and life everlasting.

When you fill me with your love,
my cup runs over.
Your joy overwhelms me and overflows.
Bring me to that place again
of sweet love and bliss.

Make my heart good soil
for your words of wisdom and life to grow in me.
I long to be known by you.
I long to shine your light.

You give me beauty in my soul and make me whole.
Create in me a clean heart oh God,
 and renew a right spirit within me.
I love you so much and praise you God!
In Jesus' holy name, Amen.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Hi everybody!

God you are so good : )