A Rose for a Rose (friendship poem)

Poem I wrote inspired by and for my best friend Destiny Rose Medina:


A rose for a rose.
Nose goes.
Let's watch as the wind blows.
We are friends.

A smile for a smile.
Let's talk a while
or run a mile.
"I'll do it if you do."
"I dare you to."
We are friends.

A laugh for a laugh for a laugh,
hanging out in the caf(eteria),
hugging all the friends we see
because we are like one big family.
I wish this would never end
so great to share it with you my friend.

A dance for a dance
we'll take a chance
of looking like fools
as long as it's not against the rules.
What fun it is to be friends with you.  : )

You've got a friend in me
and I've got a friend in you.
Thank you for being there to listen,
sharing in my pain and laughter.
You always make my life richer.

Thank you for all that you add to my life,
and thank you for being a friend.  <3

----------end------------

There may have been more to this poem too, but that's the gist of it because I sent it to my friend  : )

I hope that you find the richness and relief that friendship brings.  It is good to be able to share your heart and you life with someone who will not judge you for your short-comings.  Thank you so much to all the good friends and listeners out there.  You do so much more than you know and you are greatly appreciated.  Sincerely, Jasmine F.  : )  

Comments

Loved this poem I have myself a friend and a sister. <3

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Hi everybody!

The Lord disciplines those He loves, gives grace to the humble and strength to...my soul.