My country...I'm longing for Liberty

My country...I'm longing for Liberty

America. The land of opportunity.
But so many broken hearts and broken dreams.
When is free trade free?
There are so many being oppressed and in captivity.
So many broken, stuck in a cycle of poverty.

Why do we turn a blind eye?
Shouldn't this be our mission field?
Why do we settle for complacency?

I come before God with tears.
I'm spread too thin, weak and weary.
I'm loaded down, sick of the world's sin,
sick of my own pain.

Anger seethes by the lack of justice in our global markets.
People only seeking after worldly gain, money, fame.
I'm longing for liberty and freedom for the captives of our greed.
Hungry children weigh on my mind.
Give them a chance!

Let us believe in a better world!
Hold ourselves to higher standards, seeking the best for others,
not just ourselves. We can make a difference when we band together.
Let us seek the Lord together, being transparent.
Let us be transformed by the renewing of our minds.
Call us higher God. Bring us into unity and holiness. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Hi everybody!

The Lord disciplines those He loves, gives grace to the humble and strength to...my soul.