Hold me Together

Hold me Together

Why can't you just fix it all God?
I'm breaking under this load, being smashed to smitherines
by my overworked mind and high expectations.

I'm broken inside, crawling, falling.
I'm being held down by pride. Ah! Help me God!

I really can't hold it together.
What do I think I am? Glue?
No. I'm a broken human.
I've been trusting in my worn down flesh.
Why do I make such a mess?

Is inner peace a possibility?
Lately, it's been a mystery, a faint dream.
I'm burdened by my sins and misgivings.
Get rid of my heart of stone, give breath to these dry bones.
My self-sufficiency is toxic.

I'm struggling to spiritually breathe.
I take many things in, but I struggle to let them back out.
Why am I holding in my spiritual poop!?!

Give me Christian yoga. Give me an outlet!
I want to be poured out for the Lord, not myself!
Lord, give me electricity, perseverance, strength!

The Lord is my light and my salvation.
I will not fear. I will trust in God.
I will walk in the light and live by His justice!

God, my God, be my resting place.
I trust in your everlasting embrace.
Give me words of life to refresh my soul!

Hold me close, Lord, so that I can let go.
I love you so much God! Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Hi everybody!

The Lord disciplines those He loves, gives grace to the humble and strength to...my soul.