Be my Peace...

Be my Peace...

I'm trying so hard to hold it all together,
but there's never enough of me.
I want to let it go, I hate feeling so down.

Put your trust in a holy God.
My broken heart cries out. My flesh is weary.
I am poured out like oil. Father, fill me up again!
I'm struggling. I want to see your face!

Show me your glory! Send your presence down.
You are just, in you I trust.
I am weary, let me rest. Be my peace.

How can I rest when the world is broken?
How can I have peace when the oppressed cry out?
The blood of the innocent seeps into the ground,
crying out for justice.

Who will hear their cry? Who will be the answer?
The God of glory will heal the brokenhearted.
He will bind up the wounds.

Let justice roll like a river,
righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.
May you be our peace.
Even when we are faithless, you are faithful.
I will trust you above all.

You are good. Your love endures forever.
You will uphold me. You are a shelter in the storm.
I believe that you will come like the rain.
A healing, redeeming rain, that will quench our deep thirsts.
We long for righteousness and you will show up.

I love you God. Never let me go. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Hi everybody!

The Lord disciplines those He loves, gives grace to the humble and strength to...my soul.