Spiritual enrichment/ Gardening

Today has been a good day.  I haven't had too many classes this week, today we had spiritual enrichment sessions with a funny and inspiring speaker, I'm working on a crochet project, most of my homework is done (enough for today, but working ahead a little), and I'm looking up things on gardening! 

I really want to be able to garden someday.  I want to be able to carry on the legacy of my grandma Jackie.  She is such a special woman!  She's so funny and kind.  In her earlier days she would cook, clean, knit, crochet, quilt, garden, plant flowers, host the family for dinner, etc.  She made a place so warm and inviting.  I want to be that way.  I will never forget all of the bright flowers there were planted by her driveway and hanging in pots on the deck.  She also had hanging tomato plants, there were plum trees in the back, and she had her own compost pile and some garden.  She also always had bird feeders with seed, attracting bluejays, chickadees, woodpeckers, some kind of yellow and black small birds, etc.  It was so great. 

I loved sitting around with my other cousins and my grandma when I was young.  We'd chat drink Pepsi or "Pink Pop" (Raspberry gingerale), eat Fritos chips or have Rits crackers with cheese, she told stories, we'd color eggs on Easter, and she even made Fry Bread at the Art in the Park events.  She gave away many quilts, we planted flowers with her, and we raked the leaves from the big, grassy lawn.   We also liked to go over to a nearby cemetary and read the grave stones.  I think my grandma planted a lot of pansies, also some flowering bushes.  The plum trees had pretty blossoms in the spring. 

Ahh.... memories  : )  And I also got to share them with all of my great cousins and sister who I love so much.  It this way we will always be bonded together; for our love of exploring, playing, nature, enjoying life and living it together.  We are farther apart now, but we still share a special love for each other. 


Me, I want to plant roses!  Oh, I really do.  I want to plant sunflowers, roses, lilac bushes, berries, all kinds of berries; raspberries, juneberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc.  I'd also love to grow carrots, potatoes, green beans, pumpkins, corn, rhubarb, tomatoes, etc.  I once had a corn-growing failure, but I think if I did more researching and used proper dirt it could actually work!  I may start something in a little pot soon if I can.  Even if I just grow a little plant in a paper cup at least it'll make me happy to know I did something.  : )  Yeah, so I do want to try to grow something small that I can fit in my room now.  So maybe a few flowers or a sunflower!  I don't know if I could just grow like one. 

I do want to know how to plant from a seed, because that's cheaper I think.  If anyone gardens, let me know!  I also believe that we ought to be good care takers of God's creation.  That's another reason why I want to learn to be more "green," earth-friendly, etc.  It's honestly really stupid to abuse the environment.  I know this.  I also want to get better at sewing too.  But right now I feel like being into gardening.  Maybe it's because of all the dreary weather lately.  I want to see something green!!!  Maybe I could put some little plants in pots somewhere.  I ought to grow little things.  Here, my cats can't eat them.  That's nice.  I'd love to grow a little coffee bean tree and put it in the break room!  Yeah, that'd be cool. 

I've been working on a snow fort a little bit lately, so at least I'm a little outside and getting some fresh air and exercise.  I've been drinking my organic tea that I bought and I feel better about that since it's equal exchange.  I'm trying to mostly stop going to Wal-mart and big stores like that.  'Save money, and it's coming from the exploitation of people in poor, undeveloped countries.  Yeah, that's really living better.'  I'm trying to do more of my shopping at Harmony now, and I've gotten myself pretty good on only eating Fair Trade (or similar ethics) cocoa.  Oh!  I want to be ethical!  I so do!  Plus, I buy more stuff at goodwill, etc. vs. Wal-mart.  And I've been making my own cards and gifts sometimes from free or cheaper things.  I do want to look for a place that sells some kind of ethically traded yarn.  I want to check if any local places have that.  So, that's my life right now basically.  Hope you are well!

Have a beautiful, blessed, refreshing day!!!  : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Hi everybody!

The Lord disciplines those He loves, gives grace to the humble and strength to...my soul.