Holding me.

The Lord holds me gently.
His love is like a plush armchair.
I sink into comfort,
laying it all down.

Setting down a heavy load.
I don't have to think, I can drift away.
Musing gently over life,
things will be okay.

The hard times shape us,
we learn to overcome.
What is good?  What is true?
This can be our focus.

Help us to forgive,
and focus on how we live.
Let love shine
even from broken, hideous places.

Burn away the anger and the fear.
Wipe away my every tear.
I love you Jesus.
Thank you for holding me.   

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very good poems! You express yourself well! You're right about God being there for us always and loving us incredibly! <3 Mom
Anonymous said…
PS. I love the plush armchair analogy! :) <3, Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Hi everybody!

God you are so good : )