Baja Mission Trip

This is my letter for upcoming mission trip to Baja.  : )

June 22, 2011

Hello! I hope you are doing well.
          This is Jasmine Fairbanks, daughter of Frank and Heather, granddaughter of Bob & Pat
Brittain and Jack & Jackie Fairbanks. The Evangelical Covenant Church is my home church in
Bemidji (and has been for eight years). I graduated from Bemidji High School last year, 2010.
The internship that I’ve been doing this year here in Texas at Teen Mania Ministries’ Honor
Academy has been going well. I have learned a lot and can hardly believe that this year is almost over!
I’ll be graduating in mid-August. My fellow interns and I have worked hard, 31 hours per week, in
our ministry placements here at Teen Mania Ministries, doing most of the work necessary to put on the
Acquire the Fire youth conferences at 33 locations nationally, Extreme Camps summer camps here in
Texas, Global Expeditions mission trips which over a thousand teens participate in each summer, and
also in many other service jobs here at the Honor Academy which are necessary to keep it running.
Through our internships, we have also learned a lot through the classes and training, made good
friends, overcome challenges, and overall have been blessed to have been able to be a part of this year
in advancing the kingdom of God in our generation.
            Now I have some exciting news! I am preparing to go on a mission trip to Baja, Mexico,
just south of San Diego, CA, with Global Expeditions Missions. This will be for about three weeks
(July 11--August 4). I’ll be going out on a bus with some other Honor Academy interns. We will be
working with operations of the trip, setting up, tearing down, and taking care of the teens who have
joined us there as missionaries. For about one week of the trip I will also get to go out and be a part
of the ministry work of it. We will be building houses for the locals in need, sharing the Gospel, and
doing VBS ministry with the kids. Global Expeditions hopes to build 60 houses this year. Many teen
missionaries and adult leaders will be joining us in San Diego to go to Baja, Mexico to serve there.
I ended up having extra money left over in my Honor Academy account, which is just enough
to cover the cost for this mission trip once I’ve arrived in San Diego. However, that doesn’t include
the transportation costs of getting there. The bus ride from Texas to San Diego and back on the HA
Intern bus is $300. Half of this has already come in, so now I only have $150 left to raise out of the
$1,020 total cost of the mission trip.
          If you would be able to help out with the cost of this mission trip, you can donate
at www.globalexpeditions.com/donate or call 1-866-545-6239 to get ahold of a representative and
donate over the phone, or mail a check to me made out to Global Expeditions, and I’ll turn it in. (The
check can not have my name on it, though, or it won’t be tax deductible for you.) My missionary
ID number is 2587419. The trip starts July 11th, which is less than 3 weeks away, so the sooner the
better for this. The money should be in at least a few days before the start date so arrangements can be
finalized. Anything you can give will be greatly appreciated. Sorry to sound like a commercial, but it
is true, every small step in the right direction helps.
             I’m so glad for the support you all have been to me this year and for what
you have been investing into advancing the kingdom of God. Thank you so much for all your support
and prayers.

--Jasmine E. Fairbanks
P.O. Box 2010, CPO # 138
Garden Valley, TX 75771


“Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere.” –Mark 16:15 (NLT)
“May the peace that passes all understanding guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus our Lord.” –
-Philippians 4:7

Find out more about Teen Mania Ministries at www.teenmania.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Hi everybody!

The Lord disciplines those He loves, gives grace to the humble and strength to...my soul.