October Nights...

Greetings fellow humans,

It is Friday night and I've spent it sitting on the deck spilling my thoughts on paper, sipping Caramel flavored hot apple cider, and having some dinner with a short trip to Facebook.  I think I prefer a quiet life to an overly rowdy one.  These past couple of months have breezed by, trying to soak in the last of the warmth this year will have to offer.  I have been enjoying the fall leaves.  It seems my mind has been more meandering than focused lately.  I have been jumping from one thing to the next.

I have started a new job and I've come to really enjoy it.  It has plenty of challenges being as I work with youth and have much to gain in assertiveness and having limits.  I am hired part-time, but mostly work full-time hours.  I feel that the experience I am gaining has its own benefits and I am learning quite a bit.  I am becoming more comfortable with working at the youth shelter and am feeling more confident in myself.  I suppose any new hire can be a bit of a gamble, but I'm glad that others are willing to teach me and support me on my not-so-good days.

I mainly had today off as I only worked a couple of hours.  It is nice to have a break.  I got a few errands done and got to chat with others at Habitat for Humanity.  I haven't volunteered there lately because of working more.  It was good to visit though and have that continuing community.

I feel that I have been taking in more small luxuries and enjoying them as I have more flexibility in my time and budget than before.  I have gotten to have a few coffees out with friends and I got a health and fitness membership for myself now.  I believe this will be a good asset in the winter.  After several high-stress eventful years I am learning what it is like to be more healthy and not living in overdrive.  This is hard for me as I tend to have a lot of stubborn pride and want to rely on myself.  It's only when I really overload myself I let others help me.

I still have some evening plans, so I'll be brief.  I have a long poem to post and some quotes, but they may come later.

Here is an excerpt from a good book that I read called, Through Painted Deserts, by Donald Miller.

 "...I promise if I ever get frustrated with life again, if I ever get into river-deep debt, I will sell it all and move out into the woods, find some people who aren't like me and learn to love them, receive the love of somebody who doesn't share my faith system, who doesn't agree with me about everything, and I will sleep beneath the stars and whisper thank you to the Creator of the universe, as a way of reacquainting myself to an old friend, a friend who says you don't have to be smart or good-looking or religious or anything; you just have to cling to Him, love Him, need Him, listen to His story."
 -pg. 246

Good night :) and Miigwech 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Hi everybody!

The Lord disciplines those He loves, gives grace to the humble and strength to...my soul.