Summer Again...

Good evening,

I have gotten to slow down a little bit lately.  It's good to take a break after pushing toward a goal for a year.  I finished my AmeriCorps hours yesterday: 1,720 hours.  It will be so good to see the final hours get approved this week.  Then I will feel like I am really done.

I have actually had time to read things for fun lately.  I read The Bean Trees and The Secret Life of Bees.  It was good to finish the whole book so they can move on to another home.  I haven't been the most productive, but maybe rest is productive unto itself.

It is so nice to be out in the sunshine lately.  The light is long.  I have been out on walks with the dog sometimes.  She's pulling me along mostly.  I am somewhat tired out, so this post may not be the most eloquent.  I am moving forward with training at a youth shelter.  I have been doing volunteer hours there for awhile.

So many popsicles...  I love popsicles.  I painted my toenails a turquoise ocean blue.  It's a wonderful color.  I really like those ocean hues and yellows.  The colors may remind me of an oasis since they are tropical.

I wanted to write something deep and get things out of me that I needed to get out.  It's easier to make small talk than really let people in.  I had a friend analyze me about a cube, horses, a ladder, flowers, a storm, etc.  Apparently I am somewhat guarded and support others.  That seems true.  It has been good to have time to spend with others.  It is also good to see my sister.  I am letting go of things slowly as I start a new chapter.  It's not easy to feel alone, but I have freedom of how I will spend my time.  I am hoping that the new job goes well.  There is a lot to learn, I am capable but I will need to grow.

I feel like my real self in the summer.  I can absorb the sunshine, take walks, see my skin turning brown, not need to layer up so much.  Maybe once I fill up more in my soul I'll have more to say.  I'm glad there are dairy-free ice creams.  I had some delicious raspberry dairy-free ice cream at the Big River Scoop.  That place is adorable.  I really write more for my own sake than for others, but I do hope that I can encourage others too.

Well, that's all I got.  Goodnight internet world, sweet dreams.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Hi everybody!

The Lord disciplines those He loves, gives grace to the humble and strength to...my soul.