To my broken brothers and sisters,

Just Wishing...

I wish that I could pour healing words into you,
reaching to the bottom of your soul.
Like a cup of warm cocoa on a cold winter's day,
the warmth goes in your belly and straight down to your toes.

I wish I could cover you in love
like a grandmother's quilt
keeping you safe and warm at night—
like a caring embrace, that takes away the shivers.

I want to take away the aching pain
that naws at your weary soul.
I want to wipe away the tears that you hide
and soothe those wounds that cut so deep inside.

I have a mothering heart,
it hurts to see the pain I cannot mend.
I don't want to look away,
I don't want to act like all is well and play pretend.

I see your hurt, I see your heart,
and I want you to know that you are loved.
If it's all I have to give, it's this knowledge from above,
that God sees it all and God feels it too.
This is the way that I can feel for you.

I pray that you hold on
and find that soul-quenching love
in the God of heaven above.
There are some heartbreaks that people cannot remedy.
The cure is found from heavenly love only.

I pray for you on your journey,
that you let God walk with you through the suffering.
That God will meet you in your sorrow,
and bring you healing there.

There is damage to the heart, the soul,
that humans cannot fix.
So I surrender you to loving arms
of the Healing One who can hold you through all of it.




– This one goes out to those whose hearts are broken, who hide their scars (physical and emotional). You are loved, and you are not a mistake.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Restless Heart...

Hi everybody!