Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!

A special thank you to my mother, thank you for caring for us and loving us!  I love you! 

Wow.  So today is a good day. 
It's Mother's Day! 

          I'm really realizing how much I need family and I need to have a base and people to be connected with.  A lot of times I'm just trying to help others and do things for that, but I hardly ever let them like pour into me and be like a family or really talk about things.  I think a hard thing about the Honor Academy is learning so much but not really having a place to pour it out.  For example just having people to tell what you are learning and how your day was.  Of course telling those things to God, but even time with God is like being poured into and not you pouring out.  I don't know if this makes sense, but anyway.  I have to learn to "build community" in like being connected with people for real and having a base to jump off of before I think I can go make a big impact on the world. 
          Last night some of my core (group of girls at Honor Academy) got to go babysit at someone's house from here.  We watched the movie Freedom Writers and that was really good.  I'm learning that I need to be where I'm at and make a difference where I'm at, as well as whatever my whole life calling is.  Because my life calling is right now, right here.  I so often don't even stay connected to people where I'm at or with family because I'm trying so hard to help people or get stuff done.  A lot of people in ministry do this and end up with their marriages or family falling apart.  I don't want to be like that.  Also I keep hearing about having a strong prayer life being at the base of what you do.  It has to be more than that though, prayer for things and also action to help things.  Maybe the action comes after prayer.  I'm learning a lot here it's just like step by step and trying to learn how to apply it to my life.  
         I'm also learning how much people matter and how much God loves them.  God doesn't want me to just do a bunch of ministry or stuff, He wants me to really know people too and love them.  Even with being on custodial, I've realized that the most important thing I'm doing isn't the cleaning (although that is apart of it) the most important part of it is how I am with the people I work with.  God doesn't want me to just do stuff, He wants me to love people and show that love to those around me and that I'm connected to.  It's like that object lesson with putting the big rocks in first and letting the rest follow.  It really is true.  

I also learned that my middle name, Elizabeth, means "covenant with God," "God is my oath," "I am God's daughter," "my God is abundance," or similar.  That was really cool to me.  It's like just another sign showing God's hand on my life and Him assuring me that He is more than enough and He is in covenant with me.  : )

Hope you have a good day!  God bless! 











































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































   

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for calling on Mother's Day! It was great to talk to you!!! Your welcome for all the things I did for you. Looking back, I wish I had done even more...more cooking together, more going places, more talking, etc. Well, we still have time to move forward with those things! :) Good insights about your role of loving others! Love you much, Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming New...

Hi everybody!

The Lord disciplines those He loves, gives grace to the humble and strength to...my soul.